- Performance - The ClearZone radiant heating system produces 35-50 watts per square foot, and will melt ice and snow
on almost any surface quickly and thoroughly.
- Easy to install - The ClearZone snowmelt system is not labor intensive. In fact, due to its simple design and single point connection (only having to connect one end of the cable, and the other end is self terminated), it is installed in a fraction of the time and cost of other more elaborate systems, yet does not sacrifice quality.
- Safety - Never slip on dangerous snow and ice again. Ice is often not easily visible until
it's too late! Protect your home or business from injuries (and potential law suits) resulting from slipping on icy steps, walkways, and driveway.
- Eliminate costly maintenance - Maintenance costs are rarely considered when buying a radiant system, yet are a stark
reality with many of the systems sold. Warmzone only offers snow-melting systems that have NO moving parts which makes them
reliable and virtually maintenance free. Yearly checkups are avoided as well as upkeep and common repairs.
- No dedicated "mechanical room" is needed - You no longer need to dedicate floor space in your home or garage for bulky equipment.
The ClearZone snow melting system is monitored and controlled by a small, wall-mounted control unit. (Hydronic heating systems require a "mechanical" room to house the boiler, pumps, manifolds, etc.)
- Efficiency - These electric radiant heat systems are the most efficient snow melting systems available. (Approximately 99 percent of all energy goes to snow melting.)
Less efficient hydronic systems have slow response times and significant heat loss while the water makes its way through the maze of tubing.
- Low operation costs - Melt snow on a 300 sq. ft. area for under 50-cents per continuous hour of operation.
The time to melt snow from your driveway per storm is usually just a few hours.
- Minimal operation time - As a direct relation to high efficiency, our radiant heating systems get the job done more quickly,
and typically run about 30 percent less than other radiant snow melting systems.
- Automation - The ClearZone radiant heating systems come standard with 100-percent automated devices. Snow sensors detect precipitation and
temperature, and activate the system only when needed. These automated devices detect moisture in the air coupled with
low temperatures and turn the system on just before a snow storm hits for maximum performance.
- Extends Lifespan of Driveway - Installing
a radiant snow melting system can extend the lifespan of your concrete /
asphalt driveway. An electric radiant heated driveway eliminates the
need for salt and harsh snowmelt chemicals. After time, these chemicals
typically cause corrosion damage to your driveway, and further damage
can result from occasional use of snow plows.
Environmentally Friendly - Electric radiant heating systems
are "green products" (or eco-friendly), meaning that the snowmelt
systems utilize "renewable" energy rather than fossil fuels without harm
to the environment. Additionally, radiant heating eliminates
the need for salt and snowmelt chemicals, which inevitably drain or
splash onto neighboring plants and grass, causing damage to the
surrounding vegetation and even killing some of the landscaping.
Electric radiant heated driveways are clean, silent, eco-friendly and
- Wise Investment - Installing a radiant heated driveway is an excellent investment for raising the value of your home. By installing a radiant
snow melting system, you not only increase your comfort level, but
you increase the resale value of your property as well.